Friday, March 11, 2011

Ma Clampett Goes West

So, we had this super-tight layover in LA, and the Chicago plane was a half-hour late leaving, which made the LA layover even shorter. Fortunately, we arrived at gate 73 and left from 75, so we were spared the terminal dash, which was nice. It gave us time to scarf down McDonald's hamburgers and chicken mcnuggets, picnic-style on the carpet at the gate. If that wasn't country enough, as we were getting up from the floor to load the plane, one of the wheels came off my carry-on. The bag was so old (and cheap, to begin with) that the plastic had dry-rotted and split into several pieces. If I'd just had some duct tape, the whole scene would've been complete. But, with no time to spare anyway, I managed to twist the handle enough to lift the bag onto the one remaining wheel, and off I sidled to the 3rd of 3 legs of our trip. I got a new, still cheap, bag at WalMart early the next day (but it felt like just later that night).


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Chicago Airport

No comments:

Post a Comment