Saturday, May 25, 2013

Saturday morning breakfasts

We got up in stages this morning. Because I fell asleep about 10 o'clock last night, at 5 this morning I was ready to take on the day. Breakfast doesn't start until 7 on Saturdays, so I killed time by checking email - I knew better, but did it anyway. I hadn't checked it since we left on Wednesday, so there were a couple of 'urgent matters' from students (urgent to them, not so much to me :). I spent a few minutes taking care of those items and suddenly a fair amount of time had passed. Not missing work at all. Will go back to not checking email. Anyone who really needs to reach me will find another way to track me down or will pester someone else for what they need or will realize that they don't really need anything after all.

When I tried to tiptoe out the door for breakfast (hard to do in a hotel room, those doors seem designed to create excessive noise), Mitch and Samantha stirred and said they wanted to go. So they dressed quickly and we went down and had first breakfast. We brought Josie and Bill a hot chocolate and a cherry coke, respectively. Josie got up when we came back. She got dressed, and so now we're back down here for second breakfast.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment