Monday, November 22, 2010

No family travel trip is complete without it...

Samantha complained of an ear ache last night as we were leaving the Museum of Science. She cried from the pain on the subway. There was nothing I could do for her. Once we finally got back to the hotel, I gave her Tylenol and Benadryl, and she went to sleep.

Until 4:20am, when she started vomiting. It is now 7:45am and she is still dry heaving. Agony. She is tolerating her misery so well, she's such a trooper. I've called a local doctor's urgent care clinic (front desk gave us the number) - they won't see us because she is not a patient. I called the local childrens hospital and the barely coherent woman to whom I spoke was of no help. I have spoken to our pediatric office in Maryville and the nurse is supposed to call us back. I'm hoping we can get some kind of anti-nausea med called in to the cvs near the hotel. The plane leaves in less than 10 hours.

I am hoping the Josie and Mitch (or Bill or I) either won't get this, or maybe by some miracle if they (we) do, it won't kick in until we get home. Realistically, I imagine the odds of either situation are pretty low.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Boston

No comments:

Post a Comment